Percussion / strings / winds / words
for Chaele
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
in tenebris est veritas.
“I speak of the balance between life and death, on the scale of natural communities. A predator or disease or disaster which causes death is an important part of the maintenance of that community, such that life can be served and renewed. Just as a birth or a herd or a symbiosis sustains life, such that the benefits of death can be upheld.” The second part is said with somewhat less conviction, her tone shifting from a potential follower of Rae to perhaps one of Mort. Chaele’s opinions are shaped by her understanding of surviving in the wilds, almost in spite of the gods who would presume to abandon her.

Her gaze shifts toward the horizon, a sort of symbol of the ocean in its entirety, as she considers its mutability and depth. His explanations make some sense to the shaman, though perhaps their ideas about nature intersect in more ways than even she realizes. “The imbalance inevitably comes from people-- who would over-hunt, overharvest, oversettle, overreach. Or worse, bring in their healers and well-intentioned rangers to inflict the cancer of abundance and over-life. So while occasionally I support areas that have been affected by disaster or cull areas that have been overpopulated, mostly I protect the wilds from people.”

Messages In This Thread
Percussion / strings / winds / words - by Hadama - 04-20-2022, 02:16 AM
RE: Percussion / strings / winds / words - by Chaele - 07-01-2022, 04:33 PM