Alternative Measures
For Safrin!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450
Sah

Sah opened his eyes as Safrin appears much to his shock. The Goddess' presence feels different than any other deity he's encountered in Caido. Frey had been relaxed and almost playful. Mort was warm and welcoming. Ludo was a playful little shit, and The Voice was a threat to his loved ones as well as a skilled manipulator. But Safrin? His first thought is that she radiates power and elegance.

Safrin's questions are valid, and the Abandoned takes a moment to gather his thoughts before he answers. "Thank you for answering me and giving me a chance to explain myself." She could have so easily ignored him or taken offense to his presence. "I sought you out for a few reasons. The first being that many of my friends and allies respect you, and I trust their judgement.' Ronin, Seren, Deimos, Maeve, and even Tal had all either directly and or indirectly vouched for the Goddess.

Sah took a breath before continuing, "But the main reason is my children. You are a mother who not only protects her own but has provided sanctuary to all children during the war." He shook his head in wonderment, "I can never repay you enough for that alone."

The Outlander swallowed, grief welling up for a moment, the hand he had on the ground tightened into a fist as he elaborated, "My twins have already lost their mothers. And they lost me for a time as well. They remember my death..." His voice cracked, ... "As well as their own." That fact would haunt him for eternity. He couldn't protect them from what happened in their home world, but he would sure as hell do his damn best in Caido.

Sah took a deep breath and spoke with conviction, "I can't lose them again, and I won't in this war thanks to you. But they might still lose me. Or the people in Halo who have become our family. I refuse to let that happen, not without doing everything I can to prevent it. And protecting myself and our loved ones? That's something that I can do for my kids." The Outlander closed his eyes for a moment before adding, "But not alone. Not with my current means." It hurt his pride to admit, but it was the truth.  

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Sah opened his eyes and continued. "I could have gone to Ludo or Frey, yes. And I don't know them well so I very may be wrong in my initial assessment, but Frey seems laid back and Ludo seems childish. This feels like too serious, too personal, of a request to go to them." They may have helped, even with less questions aimed his way. But Sah felt deep down, that Safrin was the only one out of the heralds who might relate to his desperate need to safeguard his pups from pain both physical and emotional.

As for why he chose Torchline, Sah explained his thought process, "I decided that you were who I wished to seek out, it seemed more respectful to thus to come a shrine that was solely dedicated to you and Vi, and not all of the Old Gods." To go out of his way to hopefully show the Goddess his conviction towards safeguarding his children.

~
Sah chose to come to Safrin for his kids' sake.
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?

Messages In This Thread
Alternative Measures - by Sah - 09-23-2022, 01:29 AM
RE: Alternative Measures - by Safrin - 09-24-2022, 05:05 PM
RE: Alternative Measures - by Sah - 09-28-2022, 08:46 PM
RE: Alternative Measures - by Safrin - 09-30-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: Alternative Measures - by Sah - 09-30-2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Alternative Measures - by Safrin - 09-30-2022, 02:32 PM
RE: Alternative Measures - by Sah - 09-30-2022, 02:58 PM