{se} I’ll Be Homeward Bound in Time
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062

Hotaru
angels would damn themselves for me
Humming softly, she shakes her head, one long wave of golden illumination as firelight plays on pale strands. “Mm, no. They’ve both moved to Torchline, though it eases my heart to know they live together still.” As safe as she can make them. Or as safe as they can make each other. Ru won’t pretend to have a hand in their choices anymore.

It’s far easier to focus on his reticence than her own remorse, but though her grin is bright, it is not sharp at the edges. Though she may tease him over a grand many things, this is not one of them. At least nothing more than the comment on Evie’s fairness. Truly, she is happy for him; it overflows like a plentiful spout in their bond, if he cares to look. When he does - physically, at least - look, she can’t help the little laugh at his spark of reluctant mischief. “Putting up with you is the most important bit, so I’m glad to hear she’s managed it.” Ru is all too aware of Deimos’ highs, but also his lows. The darkest shadowed parts, the grief, the loss, the ruination. Evie is far brighter a light than Ru. That is exactly what the Sword needs in a romantic partner. A contrast, instead of a compatriot.

His own question has her subsiding immediately, a little too swiftly to properly conceal despite the smile that hangs unbroken - if dimmed - on her face. She can’t fool him, at least not for long, but she knows how he feels about Wessex. Knows already what lies down that path of conversation. Support, yes. Empathy, of course. Understanding? No, not entirely. At least not for her choice in recipient for her feelings, which has always been found wanting in his eyes - and not without good reason. “No, nothing like that for me. I don’t…well, that is to say…” her elegance crumbles, trailing words a sign unto themself even as she keeps her bond locked tight and her expression mild. Shaking her head with a slight disparaging laugh, her hands return to her lap and stay there, limp. “I don’t think it’s something meant for me anymore. Not here at least. And I’m okay with that.” She’s not, but she has Deimos, the twins, Melita, a strange friendship with Remi, an even stranger friendship with Sunjata and Nate. That will have to be enough. No romance, but love all the same.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
{se} I’ll Be Homeward Bound in Time - by Hotaru - 09-19-2022, 09:18 PM
RE: {se} I’ll Be Homeward Bound in Time - by Hotaru - 10-20-2022, 11:21 PM