It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Harper
Anything beautiful, people want to break
And you are beautiful, I'm afraid
It's not an unfair estimation, but as Harper carefully cleans his own mouth he considers how best to respond. "I thought so too, on the surface. But...well, let me explain." Hauling himself to sit on top of the table as was his prerogative, he pulls one knee sideways up onto the surface to get comfortable and inspire a more relaxed feeling in his body to try and mimic it in his mind.

"I used to be a leader. It was very different from the type of leadership I see in Caido now, but my experience back then had me staying away from it. I lost so many people I didn't want to do it again. But I had been a teacher too, someone who helped train young people with abilities to join the frontlines. That's different here." And blessedly so. Though the war had taken many, war was war. It was different and more acute than what he'd contended with on his home world. "But helping people is what I want to do. It's what gives me purpose, makes me happy. That's why I built the school." Why he continues to teach there even with all his other duties as a councilman and father.

"Frankly, if I was just sitting around with Jude I think I'd go insane. Caido has already given me more peace than I could have dreamed of. That's why I feel like I need a goal instead." But it's clear with his warm and open expression that he's open for her to debate that, ready to receive new ideas and a different outlook.
But I would love you in any form you take

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's coming down to nothing more than apathy - by Harper - 04-27-2023, 09:40 PM