It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Harper
Anything beautiful, people want to break
And you are beautiful, I'm afraid
He shakes his head again, because he just can’t seem to word it the way he needs. “No, that’s exactly what I mean. I have been a councilman or other supporting person my entire time in Caido. Maybe what I need is to lead again.” To have control again, to be the person who didn’t disappear.

“But also, Torchline can’t be properly ruled by a Mer forever. Not when he still has his own kingdom to attend to. And - well, frankly Phoebe I don’t have many friends anymore. The few I have are here. I’m afraid leaving them will only make things worse.” Skyboats were a wonderful invention, but Caido was massive, and travel still often took multiple days on the larger charters, or more money for private, swifter vessels. “And…also…” Harper sighs and stares down at the plate in his lap from where he sits on top of the table. This next part is hard to say.

“I don’t know that I can live near you again yet. Seeing you is still hard and complicated. And I don’t want to just - rebound, the way I did with Maeve.” Because he might have a little, even if there had been genuine feeling there that had only built up with time. And that reveals a lot - about the fact he’ll never really stop caring for her, and how that becomes a dangerous thing when they’re too near. When they’re playing family a few doors down instead of regions apart.
But I would love you in any form you take

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's coming down to nothing more than apathy - by Harper - 04-27-2023, 11:42 PM