It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Harper
Anything beautiful, people want to break
And you are beautiful, I'm afraid
“You’re not ‘just’ anything,” he says softly, holding her eyes. No matter what, he wouldn’t let her perceive herself in such a way. She had stolen his heart for a reason, no matter what had happened since. But it’s admittedly nice to hear that she has faith in him and his abilities to lead if he so chose. Even if there are other topics at hand to contend with before he can comment on that.

He reaches across the table to gently touch her hand, though he doesn’t do anything more. “I told you not to wait for me. And I meant that. I don’t want you to get hurt if things don’t go right - but I’m happy we can do this. Talk, and be friends, and lean on one another. And be frank about how we feel, even when our hearts wish too early.” And if things change in the future, when more time has gone by and he doesn’t feel so hesitant, then maybe that will be for the best. But he doesn’t want to latch onto her just because she’s familiar and he still remembers what it was like to love her. Neither of them deserve that.

“Neither of you were silly women. But I think I’m just hurting and directionless. I need to be just Harper for a little while. Talk to Safrin about Maeve, and Torchline.” If his goddess doesn’t approve it’s all for naught anyway. He would abide her decision regardless. “And if Torchline or Safrin don’t want me well…keep an eye on real estate in the Greatwood?” Because then, and only then, he would consider it a sign and move on.
But I would love you in any form you take

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's coming down to nothing more than apathy - by Harper - 04-28-2023, 01:15 AM