It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Harper
Anything beautiful, people want to break
And you are beautiful, I'm afraid
He merely shrugs, though it's clear by the way he winces at the ages that he still really, really hates to hear it. No matter how flippantly she says it, he knows it's wrong. Either way, he won't force her to change her ideals - they both will have to deal with their loneliness on their own terms. At least their friendship will buoy them through, give them people to talk to, reasons to leave the house aside from Jude.

"We talked about it," he responds quietly, remembering how they'd sat together in bed for long hours discussing things the day he'd come home older. Jude had said much the same to Harper as he had to Phoebe, and it had broken the man's heart. "It has been hard not to blame myself." Maybe if he had better hidden how tired he was, or how Maeve's absence was hurting him, Jude wouldn't have felt so pressured to alleviate the burden. "Oh, I kick him out plenty," he laughs, a little strained as he tries to get back to a lighter tone. "But all he does is wander around alone or explore the jungles and beaches. Luckily he has Edmund - and he mentioned meeting two other people near his age recently, so I'm hoping for the best."
But I would love you in any form you take

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's coming down to nothing more than apathy - by Harper - 04-28-2023, 07:21 PM