i can't just walk away
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 49 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 3590
Hadama listened to the koi-tailed mermaid's account first, then turned his attention to the shopkeeper. The salmon-tailed merfolk made a point of how difficult the mirror had been to obtain, and how far he'd had to go to get it. It was human-made, they claimed, brought all the way from Stormbreak on a human airship, and any true collector would know the worth of it, even if it wasn't in perfect condition anymore.

The King nodded to each of them, then swam closer to inspect the mirror that Calliope held out. He straightened after a few moments and crossed his arms, giving the matter serious consideration - and searching his memory before he nodded again, more slowly.

Any merchant has a right to set their own prices, he said slowly, his voice a low rumble in the minds of those around. The merchant perked up and started to shoot a triumphantly smug look at Calliope but Hadama ignored him, looking to the koi-mer as well with a gleam in his emerald eyes. But no customer is required to pay that price when there is a mirror in better shape for half the price two stalls down. He had seen it during his own shopping, but since he wasn't looking for one he had passed it over. The craftsmanship had caught his eye and been memorable, however, as had the remarkably reasonable price. Would you like me to show you?

The merchant by now was looking torn between their pride and their greed, realizing that they were about to lose a customer if they didn't lower their price immediately to match their competitor's deal.

Messages In This Thread
i can't just walk away - by Calliope - 06-09-2023, 03:53 AM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Hadama - 06-09-2023, 06:13 PM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Calliope - 06-10-2023, 02:31 AM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Hadama - 06-12-2023, 05:56 AM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Calliope - 06-17-2023, 03:22 AM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Hadama - 06-19-2023, 09:49 PM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Calliope - 07-04-2023, 12:15 AM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Hadama - 07-05-2023, 07:15 PM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Calliope - 07-22-2023, 01:03 AM
RE: i can't just walk away - by Hadama - 07-23-2023, 10:19 PM