The Nurse and the Midwife
For Bart
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
and still she bloomed
"No?" she said, then laughed lightly. "You seem palatable enough to me. Or is that just because you need my help?" she said with a smirk. He didn't seem any rougher than the average Torchline sailor, and she had dealt with many of those. Especially drunk ones. But someone who could at least admit to being rough around the edges couldn't be that bad. At least they wouldn't be insulted if you called them out on it.

But as he described the case further, she frowned. This was a very sensitive case. She set her glass down and stood, gesturing for him to follow. The Nightingale went inside with gracefully soft steps, going to a cupboard. Inside was a pleathora of healing herbs and solutions. Taking out a few and a mortar and pestle, she set to work. "My techniques are not as... medically advanced as some worlds." she said. "But they are effective."

Then she fell silent, working methodically. She clearly had skill, working quickly and deftly. After some time, she presented him with a group of color codes tea bags and tonic bottles. "This will help with blood pressure and anxiety. It might make her sleepy in fact. It should be good for the skyboat ride. This will help with the swelling and make her more comfortable. This will help with her vision, but that may not fully clear until after she delivers. This will induce her in case of an emergency. And this will keep her immobile for a time should you need to cut the children out." she said, pointing to each one. "She should begin praying to Frey for a safe delivery. Peaches are best as an offering but any fruit will do. And if you need me to come and assist you need only ask." she said with a depth of feeling that indicated she truly cared about the safety of his patient.
Phoebe
in the way she was meant to

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd

Messages In This Thread
The Nurse and the Midwife - by Phoebe - 06-14-2023, 10:35 PM
RE: The Nurse and the Midwife - by Bartholomew - 06-14-2023, 11:48 PM
RE: The Nurse and the Midwife - by Phoebe - 06-15-2023, 12:04 AM
RE: The Nurse and the Midwife - by Bartholomew - 06-15-2023, 09:24 PM
RE: The Nurse and the Midwife - by Phoebe - 06-15-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: The Nurse and the Midwife - by Bartholomew - 06-16-2023, 02:03 AM
RE: The Nurse and the Midwife - by Phoebe - 06-18-2023, 08:01 PM
RE: The Nurse and the Midwife - by Bartholomew - 06-19-2023, 08:10 PM