It was not all pain and pavements slick with rain
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Evie
Did you ever love her? Do you know?
On her part, most of what she does is simply wait as Deimos sits and considers what she proposes. There is no tension in her anticipation, because nothing he could possibly say would make her react better or worse. His desires are just as important as Yosef's, as hers.

To Evie it is far simpler - a kindness, or an act of mercy. She has seen and assisted far too many deaths to feel any differently. But to Deimos? A soldier, a general? She has no way of knowing. And maybe it was presumptuous of her to think to suggest this at all. Maybe she has already wounded and insulted him. But for the sake of her patient, for the sake of his comfort, she must try. Must ask these difficult questions.

And though he agrees, his amendment has her immediately shaking her head, resolve immediately surfacing. "No, if you need to say that then I'm not letting you do it." He is far too self-sacrificial, and Evie had never wanted to be one of the people who asked him to do it. She won't be. It will simply die and remain a theoretical option, never to be touched again. Yosef is not the only one she needs to protect and advocate for.

Tired mind at work now, Evie slides her hands up into her hair - gone loose for a few hours now after the strain of magic had prompted a headache - and restlessly twists it into some facsimile of a bun. And though her eyes are still bloodshot and her cheeks still ruddy, it's clear some sort of coping mechanism is descending as she re-enters the mindset she needs to occupy. There is no good way out of this, but Evie would rather suffer magical exhaustion than condemn her beloved to the throes of guilt and nightmares. "I'll need Zuriel to keep healing him while I prepare the solution and drink that tea." Caffeine of any kind will hopefully give her that last little bit of stamina she'll need. "I can use your magic another way though - one moment let me -" trailing off now she rises from her chair - and immediately stumbles, having been sat giving her energy for hours now - and heads to the corner of the room with all the ingredients and instruments they've been using to try and combat his pain before calling upon the Evergreen. It doesn't take long to concoct; Efas herb for pain, and a potted Gilded Lily with a glass dome over it. Taking it to Deimos, she holds it out to him. "Can you kill it with your magic? It will make the pollen easier to handle and leave traces that will make it more potent." They need any amount of time they can give themselves. Her bloodshot eyes find his, and she tries for a smile that falls flat for lack of energy.
Or did you just never want to be alone?

Messages In This Thread
RE: It was not all pain and pavements slick with rain - by Evie - 06-21-2023, 07:00 PM