everybody knows i'm a king without a crown
Ru <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5092
better get to diggin' while my body's getting cold.
i keep tryna fight it so just promise when i go, you'll bury me low
Yes, oh.

She’s right, though. It’s easy to give those mixed signals without intending to; when it had all come to a head that night in Torchline, just before he’d met her to finish the Frey quest and move on. “Yeah..” He pauses, exhaling a sigh as his wings droop into the water more, letting the warmth soothe away the ache in the healed, broken wing. His fingers tighten around hers when she tells him she’s proud of him, though, and he nods, offering her a small twitch of a smile, genuine despite the heavy topic.

It has hurt him less, he imagines, not as attached as Isla had been. But despite everything it had still ended on a surprisingly good note, provided they went through with sending letters to one another in the future. “We’re still friends, I think.” He doesn’t know, and it leaves him unsteady in how to approach it in the future, especially given how many friends he had these days.

But why now? This answer has him wincing slightly, settling in for the story time it’ll become, letting the steel of his eyes slip from her face to look over her shoulder, back and forth as he starts to explain. “Well, ultimately, I think it’s because I told her we were going to try again and be friends.” Anything else was a potential option, but not one he actively seeks. All he wants these days is to be honest with himself and those around him, and it yet again has become tangled and muddy.

The night in Torchline before we met up in the morning, she had asked me if we would ever be more than just business partners and I… I told her what I told you the following day. It probably hurt but she suggested I reach out.” And he had, with no expectations. “Her and I helped each other immensely since the war. We’d both lost so much and… You know I don’t sleep well, and before she became an Ancient she didn’t sleep, so she’d read to me so I could get some sleep.” And when she had become an Ancient and sleep was required, well… “She still did and we still shared the same bed and when I told her that I had talked to you and suggested maybe separating the rooms and making that official office, it was better for her to leave.” And she did.

I understand it, of course.” But it was still awkward, still unsteady for him in a place where a few things have started to go right and he’d managed to fuck up something with his best friend so drastically that he was left alone in a sea of people. Again.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: everybody knows i'm a king without a crown - by Sunjata - 06-27-2023, 06:46 AM