{se} All heart and nothing else
Mel <3
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
I have found it is both a blessing and a curse
Her continued laughter soothes something in Jude he didn’t know was prickly. They’re not exactly the same age, but Melita has never infantilized him, even when he assuredly deserved it before he aged. That might say more about Melita’s maturity than his, but Jude merely appreciates that her easygoing company makes him feel like the spotlight has finally shifted off his shoulders. And it definitely encourages his sass.

“I mean what else is a giant boat good for but cannons?” The Ark isn’t a vessel for animals and goods as far as he knows (and can reasonably guess because he doubts Melita would sign up at all in that case) so why not just blow things up? Jude may be a well-mannered, shy young man, but he’s still a young man. Explosives are cool.

Wrinkling his nose at the lackluster image she paints of the Grounds, he merely shakes his curly head and sections a piece of meat away for the festival. The meat will live in its own container marked ‘DYGRA’ on a piece of tape that’s already stuck to the top. If he doesn’t take precautions his father will surely hoover it down while Jude back is turned.

“I have mixed feelings. It’s really modern which is admirable, but not my speed. Not a lot of nature.” His mother may follow a different aspect of Frey, but he’s grown up gardening with Maeve and most of his young adult life has - had? - been spent wandering the Wilds trying to find her. “But I do like how organized it is; fewer people just loitering around or bumping into you and ruining your plans.” Which only semi-translates that Jude hates confrontation and strangers talking to him. That’s his version of chaos; it’s why Torchline’s eccentricities don’t bother him the same way. But right now the constant questions have him feeling less charitable to the beachside natives.

Grinning her way at the comment on his dad, Jude relaxes backwards on his hands, smile dying thereafter as he considers yet another bummer of an answer. “Not well. Maman’s back but things seem…off. I don’t know if they’re getting back together.” Jude was born into a very weird, long-distance home so the idea doesn’t bother him as much as it should. His fathers stress however, as his favorite parent, does. “Maybe you can get him out of his head for me? I think I traumatized him against ever confiding in me again after I aged up to try and take some weight off his shoulders.” The sheepish tilt of his lips is barely a smile, because it’s clear Jude isn’t very regretful.
to feel everything so deeply and insistently
JUDE

Messages In This Thread
{se} All heart and nothing else - by Jude - 06-11-2023, 01:02 AM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Melita - 06-11-2023, 11:18 AM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Jude - 06-13-2023, 08:03 PM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Melita - 06-14-2023, 09:39 PM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Jude - 06-16-2023, 02:27 AM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Melita - 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Jude - 06-21-2023, 04:03 AM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Melita - 06-21-2023, 07:13 PM
RE: {se} All heart and nothing else - by Jude - 06-28-2023, 04:22 PM