{se} All our flaws are bittersweet
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Hotaru

Hotaru can perfectly understand, and though Isla's smile is beautiful her own softens with sorrow. "The only person I had dared to love after Sunjata and Nate was also Ascended, and did not come home from the war. I understand. I think you and I are more alike than we thought." Losing Wessex, Nate, and Enzo had nearly destroyed her, but here they both sit, reclaiming as much lost happiness as they can.

Pleased by the addition to the toast, Hotaru smiles and spins her finger around the outer rim of her cup, using a bit of magic to cool the surface enough to drink. "Exactly, and if anyone knows how short life can be it's us. We deserve to seek out what happiness we can, put away old hurts for the sake of forgiveness." What did grudges matter when they'd already lost so much?

Hotaru shouldn't be surprised Flora is somehow involved in all of this, though she groans fondly and laughs as she sets her cup down. "Incredible, yes, but also even more meddlesome than myself at that age." The girl had 'voted' for Sunjata in Hotaru's list of men to say the least, had invited all of them with their tangled pasts to her grand reopening, and meddled with Isla and Remi alike (though Ru obviously only knows of the former). She couldn't be prouder - and more grateful that she herself has been spared most of the meddling. "I'm glad she has been good to you though. Has she ensnared you to living in Torchline yet?" The plentiful hints of Torchline being better than Halo make Ru think that Flora has become a recruiter quite by accident, though the Valkyrie humorously doubts Flora would actually appreciate living in the same region as her mother, no matter how much Hotaru lets her get away with (or actively supports).
come what may
she would be wild, untrammeled, free
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
{se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Hotaru - 07-06-2023, 06:23 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-06-2023, 05:24 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-07-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-07-2023, 06:56 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 11:28 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Hotaru - 07-08-2023, 10:22 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-10-2023, 10:25 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-15-2023, 05:12 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-18-2023, 06:02 PM