live for today, we'll dream tomorrow
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
"Sorry," Soh said with a wince as her joke fell flat. "Too soon?" She'd only meant to tease him (and isn't that fitting, given the course of their relationship?), but it seemed she'd hit a nerve. It didn't bode well for their conversation, in Soh's opinion, but she'd already asked him to talk, now, and to back out seemed cowardly, especially when he'd already agreed to a drink.

"I'll explain, I promise," she said of her comment, her pretty face troubled. She had a feeling that this wasn't going to be a fun conversation, and she wanted to hold on to this moment of normalcy for as long as she could. She'd missed Koa, and continuing on her current path was as likely to send him running as it was to bring them closer. Probably more so the former.

Returning to her table, Soh settled Tarak on a chair near hers and caught the waiter's eye. When the man came over, she said, "Can I get another glass of wine, and then whatever he's having?" she asked the waiter with a sunny smile. Once their order was taken, the waiter hurried away to prepare their drinks. While they waited, Soh shifted uncomfortably in her chair. "Honestly? I'm not really sure where to start," she admitted. "Just - can you promise to hear me out? And if you hate me when I'm done, I'll understand."

The waiter returned with their drinks, and Soh paused until he'd hurried away again. She toyed with her wine glass, tilting it this way and that, watching the way the liquid swirled. She took a deep breath, then looked up at Koa, silver eyes tumultuous. "I know how this is going to sound, and it's going to make me seem like a horrible person," she started, setting down her wine glass and hiding her hands in her lap, where Koa couldn't see them shake. "But I - I care about you, Koa. More than - more than I should."

Messages In This Thread
live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Sohalia - 07-18-2023, 12:48 AM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Koa - 07-18-2023, 08:06 PM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Koa - 07-19-2023, 05:12 PM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Sohalia - 07-20-2023, 04:17 AM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Koa - 07-20-2023, 05:00 PM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Koa - 07-24-2023, 03:32 PM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Koa - 07-26-2023, 04:20 PM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Koa - 07-27-2023, 07:51 PM
RE: live for today, we'll dream tomorrow - by Koa - 07-31-2023, 07:35 PM