[SE] when memories fade
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Hotaru
Anything beautiful, people want to break
And you are beautiful, I'm afraid
Ru softens a little further as her dear friend is mentioned, certainly far from immune to flattery. "He is quite dear to me as well. Though I confess he's never spoken of you to me." Is it a snub? Perhaps. One can hardly ever tell with Hotaru.

Still, she won't have the girl being harmed on her watch, even if her airheaded tourism is a bit exasperating. Not only would she never hear the end of it from Tal, but she'd feel some small measure of guilt. Unfairly, in her eyes, most late-teens individuals remind her of Enzo and prompt a level of protectiveness that Hotaru does not often afford strangers.

Luckily, Sohalia is obedient, seeming to sense the gravity of the moment if nothing else. Hotaru half-shifts her nose, taking in the scents on the wind. They're partially downwind, so the alert comes at the same time as she hears the shuffling of giant paws. "Frey's tits," she curses with feeling, and jerks her head at Sohalia. "Go! Up the tree if you can!" She has no idea what race the Luminary is, but she doesn't have time to think about it as an ursur - now very focused on new prey - comes charging from the outer circle of trees right at the pair.

She unleashes her ice sphere a pace ahead of the bear's paws, shattering stone and pebbles into a ricochet up against the creature's face and chest. The ice makes it stumble slightly as it steps onto it, tossing its mighty tusks and roaring. Good, she has bought herself just enough time. Shifting as quickly as she can, Hotaru streaks towards it in a blur of golden feathers, outstretching her talons towards its eyes and scratching with all her bodyweight behind it. The screech of a wounded predator is adrenaline for the Valkyrie, but she has someone to protect right now. The hunt will have to wait.

Narrowly avoiding the tusks that shake and spray blood from blinded eyes, Hotaru climbs - looking back towards Sohalia to see if she has managed to get out of range so she can begin planning how to get her out of here.
But I would love you in any form you take
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
[SE] when memories fade - by Sohalia - 07-08-2023, 10:31 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Hotaru - 07-08-2023, 11:22 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Sohalia - 07-08-2023, 11:35 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Hotaru - 07-11-2023, 06:04 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Sohalia - 07-11-2023, 07:15 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Hotaru - 07-17-2023, 12:44 AM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Sohalia - 07-17-2023, 11:41 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Hotaru - 07-20-2023, 07:04 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Sohalia - 07-20-2023, 10:16 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Hotaru - 07-24-2023, 09:33 PM
RE: [SE] when memories fade - by Sohalia - 07-27-2023, 01:50 AM