broad horizons
For Talyson
Eden Query
Merchant

Age: 23 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Song Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eden

Eden's scowl twisted up into a vindicated grin as the man she was talking to told off her offender. "Yeah, back at you!" she called in response to the cursing, but she found a laugh in her tone. This whole atmosphere screamed of a new kind of camaraderie than any she'd experienced before. It lifted her spirits -- not that they needed much lifting. (If the family shop failed, could Eden be a part of this world? Later she'd entertain daydreams of sailing the skies, hoisting the sails and manning the rudders, or whatever any of that was called.)

Like any polite person would do, the stranger before her collected her dropped satchel, and she thought well of him for it. Did he seem nervous? Was he one of the superstitious sailors who thought it bad luck to bring women on board? (Was that even a real thing, or something she'd only read in fiction books?) But no, the captain appeared to be a woman, so that probably wasn't it.

"That is what I'm after, I'm afraid. Thank you," the redhead added, slinging the strap of her bag over her shoulder again. "But if she 'usually' doesn't take passengers, that means I have a chance, right? Maybe a higher chance with a nice bottle of wine or a box of chocolates?" Hopefully that would do the trick, because if the cost of passage was much steeper, Eden and Lorin would be stuck on this floating island forever. She cocked her head slightly, almost birdishly, at the man. "I'm Eden, by the way." Her eyebrow raised in a non-verbal, And you are...?
I don't want to be anything
other than what I've been trying to be lately

Messages In This Thread
broad horizons - by Eden - 07-27-2023, 03:54 PM
RE: broad horizons - by Talyson - 07-27-2023, 04:11 PM
RE: broad horizons - by Eden - 07-27-2023, 05:25 PM
RE: broad horizons - by Talyson - 07-27-2023, 06:19 PM
RE: broad horizons - by Eden - 07-27-2023, 08:04 PM
RE: broad horizons - by Talyson - 07-28-2023, 03:25 AM
RE: broad horizons - by Eden - 07-28-2023, 03:58 PM
RE: broad horizons - by Talyson - 07-28-2023, 06:16 PM