[SE] the road not taken looks real good now
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Online
Change author:
MP: 2830
Koa
I don't want to wonder if this is a blunder
Koa's eyes boggle as a long strand of lichen is picked off his body, a sheepish smile breaking through the grimace of pain. "That'd be it," he agrees with a weak chuckle, shaking his head at the turn of fate. At least something had been accomplished on this journey, even if it came at the cost of his pride and his arm.

"Oh!" He brightens considerably in recognition, eyebrows rising above his smile. "Of course! You trained with my Ma, I think - Mahina Carpenter?" Koa had been a child then, but he remembers spending hours watching his mother and the other Dragoons spar. "She said you left after... y'know." He shakes his head, tone growing somber at the memory of that terrible day.

As Liam wraps and splints his arm Koa explains his quest, happy for the distraction from the biting pain. By the time it's all done the night has come on hard, and it's certainly too late to try to escape the woods. Pipsqueak, helpfully, has started a fire, though the men will need to gather larger logs to keep it burning.

Koa looks down at his expertly splinted arm, flexing the fingers speculatively before giving Liam an admiring look. "Thank you, sir - I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been here." He means it, sincerity warm in his eyes and his face. "If it's not too much - could we camp with you tonight? I, uh... I have no idea how to get back to town from here." He chuckles, running his right hand through his messy, now-dry hair.
When I kiss your lips I want to sink down to the bottom of the sea
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] the road not taken looks real good now - by Koa - 08-28-2023, 03:33 PM