It was not all pain and pavements slick with rain
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Evie
Did you ever love her? Do you know?
It's nothing she doesn't expect him to say, even when her eyes ache in her head and her thoughts come slow and sporadic, so in this, she has some measure of anticipated defense. "When the situation calls for it. When you must." Her faith in him is a stubborn thing, all gritted teeth and narrowed eyes, exerted against the very man she has that faith in. "I only asked because I wasn't sure how you felt about merciful deaths. It was an option I had to try - nothing more." And her eyes burn like blue fire, as certain as the sun's rising, easy for him to read and understand even without an Attuned bond to guide them. Evie had not called him because of his past, or the blood on his hands. She'd called him because she thought of him as a merciful man, one who could help one way or the other.

His quiet question is the snapping of the faint tethers of her restraint, the only things keeping her from reaching out to him in some misguided fear that he would take it as her trying to emotionally sway him. Her hand reaches across the dark bedsheets to find his own, tangling their fingers and squeezing firmly as she gazes unblinking into his eyes, headache be damned. "Never," she growls with ferocity fit for an Attuned, not an Abandoned. "You could never disappoint me. I have never been prouder of you than the moment you told me no." To see him so willing to stand up for himself and to have faith that Evie would not turn him away had filled her with intense emotions that the context should not have allowed.

Whether it's her own intensity or simply the byproduct of having been sitting up for too long, Evie's head pangs fiercely, interrupting her unbroken eye contact and making her press her free hand to her temple with a whine. She shouldn't be awake much longer, but she can't sleep until she knows everything has been said.
Or did you just never want to be alone?

Messages In This Thread
RE: It was not all pain and pavements slick with rain - by Evie - 09-05-2023, 12:37 AM