Solace in Strange Arms
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
maybe i'll lie to you, maybe i'll play this role
maybe i'll act like my act is together
The surprise he gets from Harper through the attuned bond has Sunjata softening with a twinge of sorrow for the man. Clearly lonely – and not simply by choice it seems. Sunjata at the very least had isolated himself by pure self interest, he didn’t have a right to be upset when people didn’t come and see him or try to find him. He’d hidden himself away.

But he wasn’t what everyone did, nor did everyone deal with what he had to deal with, which he is glad for in a sense, even if he can tell the hurt Harper wroughts through the bond. He doesn’t say anything initially, instead, allowing his side of the bond to be something calming and tangible, something Harper can latch onto. A life preserver tossed out in the wild waters Harper’s drowning himself in.

I’m sorry.” He says initially because he doesn’t exactly know what to say. He’d heard about Phoebe’s disappearance, had learned of it just before the war. And as for Maeve, well… Sunjata has his own opinions regarding the woman. But when it comes to Torchline and Flora, he also has no right to say anything about the young woman, hardly knowing her but knowing that she tends to get her prowess and her attempts at reaching higher than where she is from her mother.

But for Torchline’s leadership, well, that’s something he can comment on better. “You know I only left because Safrin wouldn’t allow me to lead with Nate at my side.” He doesn’t know who all knew the reason – just that he’d told people it was too much for the moment. Which… It was too much. Alone. And so he’d lifted Nate higher, only to have Safrin deny him the chance to continue, swapping Maeve in place of him. “That is… A lot, though. I can see why you’re drowning your sorrows. I can’t blame you either, given what I did after the war.” It wasn’t a secret that Nate hadn’t made it through the war, and given the silence that had come from Sunjata in the years past, well… it was evident he didn’t handle that well either.

So much so that the memory of it has him downing his entire glass the second the bartender drops by before he decides to just bring them the whole bottle and a pitcher of water alongside the glasses. “So are you looking to just try and compartmentalize it? Or have you come for advice?” Given that Sunjata hadn’t succeeded in his role at being a father (despite the rumors of Edmund’s parentage), he was childless now; but he had been married to Phoebe and had spent many a night with the previous Queen of Torchline.
maybe i'll cope with life without hope
maybe i'll open the door and fall through the floor
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 01:30 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 01:38 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 01:55 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 02:06 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 02:19 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 03:12 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 03:52 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 05:48 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 06:08 AM