[SE] fell from the pedestal right down the rabbit hole
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
Alys smiled as she saw warmth bloom on Hotaru's face, pleased that her praise had been so well-received. So often, things are the other way around: Hotaru the teacher, Alys the student, ever seeking her mentor's approval. It was only in these quiet moments of friendship and solitude that their roles reversed, and despite the fact that Ru was older and wiser in many ways than Alys, the Seer felt that in some ways, she had her own insights to impart. This had been one of them, and her joy at having helped her friend to begin to heal was difficult to conceal.

"I'll be happy to," said Alys, her sketch beginning to come together now in earnest. As for items to bring, Alys could only listen in companionable silence. Enzo was a familiar name, at least, from brief mentions in past conversations, conversations in which Alys had never pressed Ru for more information. Wessex, however, was new, though Alys didn't need to hear more to know that this had been an important person in Ru's life. There was a quiet grief to the woman that made Alys's heart ache. How she wished she could help ease the burden of death that lingered over Hotaru, a type of death that was nothing like her cards. This was the Three of Swords: heartbreak, grief, suffering. And there was nothing that Alys could say or do to heal those wounds.

"At least you won't need to pack food or camping gear," Alys mused; if Ru would be inside, then such things would surely be available in King's End. "That will help you travel lighter. But comfort items are important, especially during the times of year that we find difficult. I'm always drawn more to my cards when I'm struggling." Although her own difficulties were nowhere near as deep as Hotaru's, Alys had days of sadness for the way she'd left her family behind, days where she wished that she wasn't quite so alone in the world. Sometimes, it felt as though her cards were her only friends, especially when Ru and Tal were so prone to traveling these days. It was easy to feel a little left behind.
funny how it all works out in the end
you dance with the devil and you lose your head
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] fell from the pedestal right down the rabbit hole - by Alys - 09-05-2023, 06:14 AM