ready now, not waiting for the afterlife
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 51 - Dext: 51 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 53 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1325
His words caught in his throat as he looked to Deimos, eyebrows pinched together, the pain a storm on his face. "I--I never wanted to be like them." He said plainly, the them very easily being the zealots and the extremists. The Ascended. Wessex. The cannibals. The cultists. The Forsaken sucked a breath through his teeth. "I never wanted to come into this land and control them. I never wanted to force what I believed on others. I didn't--" He cut off for a second, shaking his head slightly and looking down at the ground. The words weren't coming right. The burning in his throat made it tighten, and he shifted and almost shuffled his feet. "--I've always wanted people to be able to choose. I couldn't ever love anyone right by forcing."

Not Korbin, not Delphine, not anyone. Noah knew from years and years of failing and losing and heartbreak and loss that he could only be as the Aumakua -- a beacon of hope and light and good and right. There to guide others from crashing into the rocky shoreline or into each other.

But he was not made of stone as the Aumakua. He was breathing and living with brilliant blood flowing through his veins and the most perfect of power in his soul.

Vi had called him to more. Be a light he had said, to shine and show and guide, but there was so much more than standing Sentinel.

Noah needed to work.

"I will look at the barracks. I inspected some of the inner quarter for farming opportunities earlier this year, with Fox." Again, the man popped up. Did he know Noah now lived among him? "I appreciate it. I want to shepherd the Grounders to be involved as much as they'd like, but Halo's help -- your, and Evie's, help is always welcomed." And appreciated.

the forsaken
before we falter again wake to this night

Messages In This Thread
RE: ready now, not waiting for the afterlife - by Noah - 09-12-2023, 01:24 PM