No matter the order, the game’s unfairly stacked
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Hotaru
I know they'll be coming to find me soon
But I fear I'm getting used to being held by you
Home. It cuts through her stirring nerves as neatly as his voice alone always does, to know he feels the same. Like two blind lovers trying to feel each other’s faces they ebb and flow in tandem, shared worries and the weight of experiences not shared making them both off-kilter. I came back early, she explains away, and doesn’t linger on her own word choice because it just doesn’t matter when he’s finally back. He’s so close, but she still can’t reach him, and her pace hurries as she reaches for him the same moment he does the same.

Before she Attuned, Ru hadn’t understood how integral shifts were to a person. Now, the off-center pieces in her chest shift and click into place the second his familiar scent cuts through the dampening effect of the snow, and she melts into his arms as the worst of the weight on her shoulders slides right off. Only as he’s already exclaiming does she realize how cold she is, the heat of his arms around her a shock she didn’t expect. One that momentarily distracts her from the new, strange addition to his scent.

“L-Lost track of time,” she murmurs, only realizing her lips are numb when she goes to use them properly. It’s not a good excuse, so she calls on her magic to begin heating them both up in the small increments she can, not wanting to worry him further. Let’s go inside. It’s a good compromise, one that will get them both comfortable as quickly as possible. But as she grabs his hand, desperate to be close, she shoots him a curious look as they begin walking toward the House. I should be the one asking if everything is okay. Why didn’t you fly home? A gentler inquiry to start with, even if she wants to ask why he feels so torn apart beneath the surface of the bond. A different pain than Hotaru is used to feeling from him.
I used to sing about being free
Oh, baby, look what you've done to me
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No matter the order, the game’s unfairly stacked - by Hotaru - 09-21-2023, 05:32 AM