No matter the order, the game’s unfairly stacked
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Hotaru
I know they'll be coming to find me soon
But I fear I'm getting used to being held by you
In a different situation, perhaps she might have been flattered and charmed to be seen as the lockpick to his heart, but this is a shared understanding built on the basis of ashes and pain. Understanding is only a hollow initial comfort she can offer him. His skin is warm beneath her frozen hand, and though the kitten's mewling pulls at her attention, Ru's eyes never waver from Sunjata's. Watching as each defense begins to fall before her eyes, revealing how very not okay he is - but also how badly he's trying to fight it.

This is a conversation she would not normally force, even if they are both trying to work on being more open. But, at the same time, she can tell he is simply going through the motions; tying himself together with string in the vain hope that if he pretends hard enough, it really will be okay. She can't let that happen, no matter how painful the alternative might be.

Do you want me to hold her for a moment? It's okay if you need to cry, or a moment away. Even if just mere inches, so he might feel just a little less overwhelmed, less burdened by this new life that has attached itself to him. Just know that, no matter what, Haai can't be replaced. They're not the same soul. But I'm so sorry - I'm so sorry you didn't get a choice. Her thumb sweeps over his cheekbone, heart breaking in her own eyes. When will the world stop taking away his free will? When will he truly be free of the shackles he'd been born into?
I used to sing about being free
Oh, baby, look what you've done to me
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No matter the order, the game’s unfairly stacked - by Hotaru - 10-03-2023, 01:55 AM