No matter the order, the game’s unfairly stacked
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Hotaru
I know they'll be coming to find me soon
But I fear I'm getting used to being held by you
It is so rare to see him withstanding such an onslaught of emotion without his shifts present that it is plainly obvious to Hotaru how far he has come. It doesn't matter to her that he won't meet her eyes - can't, really. She waited years for him. Patience won't fail her now. No matter how long it might take him to heal, to strive to be a better person, it is time she will happily spend holding his hand through it all. Even if she can't physically reach him right now, her heart is his to feel, leading by example by baring every crevice and crack to the maelstrom of his own soul.

The only way to stop feeling guilty is to forgive yourself, is her quiet response, somber and murmured even through the bond. One hand comes up to gently stroke over Petronella's back, selfishly needing her own brief moment of comfort. Forgive yourself for not appreciating or listening to her enough. Forgive yourself for being human and unaware of the dangers you were taking her into. For a moment she sees Kiada spiraling, falling, down into the lava surrounding the suffering herald they hadn't meant to find. Take the lessons you need to learn - but forgive the rest. Give yourself the grace she would have given you. Because if nothing else, that's what companions would always do; forgive. And, as in all things, try to do right by her by doing better. Second chances were not always painless, but they were still opportunities for positive change.
I used to sing about being free
Oh, baby, look what you've done to me
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No matter the order, the game’s unfairly stacked - by Hotaru - 10-03-2023, 03:23 AM