Until proven guilty
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
So tired trying to see from behind the red in my eyes
No better version of me I could pretend to be tonight
This is going terribly wrong, and Koa is not sure how or why or what to do. As out of his depth as a whale in a kiddy pool (or a child in a whale pool, I suppose), he can only square his shoulders against the onslaught of accusations - accusations! - from the Stalwart, his own jaw setting stubbornly as the words fly forth. It's not like he's saying the 'victim' did a crime (even if he's thinking it). It's the job of an investigator to get more info before jumping to conclusions, right?

Right?

"I am not identifying the victims because they didn't identify themselves." Koa's words are clipped, but professional, years and years of training shining through as he somehow keeps his cool. "Begging your pardon, Majesties, but this crime was reported to me." Not you- something rather telling, the young man thinks. "I came to you as a show of good faith, that the Dragoons are committed to protecting all people of Caido, and doing it in a way that is fair. I haven't made any accusations against your citizens. I simply want to gather more information so I can determine what the next course of action needs to be."

He doesn't want to be here. He wishes he could channel Anju, that he'd made her go in his stead, that Jude had never come to him, that anything was different. But it isn't, and he's here, and so the boy must square his shoulders and carry on with what honor he has. He's trying, damnit, and as he turns to Hadama the soldier's mask cracks just a little, a pleading, overwhelmed young man's eyes peering through. "I know this is a difficult situation. But I swear on my dragon and my honor, all I want is to understand what happened, so we can prevent such bloodshed in the future." And to avoid being obliterated by Harper for kinda-sorta accusing his son of murder. That would also be quite nice.
Koa
No other version of me I would rather be tonight
And, Lord, she found me just in time

Messages In This Thread
Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-03-2023, 09:55 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 01:37 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Koa - 09-10-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-12-2023, 05:17 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-16-2023, 06:36 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Koa - 09-21-2023, 05:10 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-21-2023, 08:14 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-28-2023, 06:48 PM