{se} run against the world that’s turning
SE + Regional Assets
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
when hope and peace begin to fray
Know that daybreak is not far away
Evie trusts Zuriel's powers as surely as her own, but she still watches on as the mare enacts her healing, lip snagged between her teeth and brows furrowed. This reminds her far too much of the Bligh, and the uselessness of her powers even then. Back then, her family and loved ones had been largely spared the affliction. Seeing even the smallest variation of harm that she cannot touch on Deimos - something foreign and distinctly magical instead of standard colds or lacerations - makes her feel queasy.

His assurances come moments before he begins crafting a flask for her, and though she frowns, she doesn't say anything - too lost in her thoughts. Using her magic to separate the flower from the earth and levitate it, she secures it inside the vessel Deimos has provided and seals it firmly thereafter. It still feels unsafe as she takes it from his hands, but at least nothing happens through the glass.

"Now we hope Frey will answer," she murmurs because she knows that there is still the potential for silence no matter how she has devoted herself to the deity. She is still Abandoned after all. Tucking the container - and the plant within - into her bag, Evie turns her frown toward Deimos as she reaches for his hand. "We should tell the citizens to avoid them. I can draft something when we return home." Sighing, her free hand comes up to wipe over her face, weighed down by the worry on her shoulders. "I don't like this. I wish peace could have lasted a little longer." But wishes have never carried much weight in Caido.
Evergreen

Messages In This Thread
RE: {se} run against the world that’s turning - by Evie - 11-22-2023, 11:05 PM