before i learned civility
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Evie

Glancing down at Micah in her arms, completely relaxed and allowing her to bear his full weight but still pawing out in the open air toward Sascha, Evie smiles and her eyes are full of love. "Yeah, me neither. Freakouts and all." One hand rises to pet Micah's head, scratching behind his ear. Her engagement ring glints in the lamplight of the streets, and she muses over the fact that someday she might feel this way about children too. Though she suspects that would be even more terrifying than bonding.

It couldn't have been a more perfect opportunity, and Evie knows her expression must be a glowing, excitable masterpiece that Alys surely won't understand yet. "Truly?! I have the perfect solution then!" Giddy now, she finagles Micah up and around her neck like a particularly lazy scarf, and holds out her hand to Alys so she might take the other woman and begin leading her through the streets on a well-worn path. "I've been an apothecarist my entire life, and when I first moved to Halo I was the second-in-command for the Infirmary when we had a formal physician," she explains as they walk along at a clipped pace, too excited to go any slower. Besides, as much as she wants to get to know Alys, the sharing has to go both ways. "My shop was also my home, but then Deimos and I moved in together so I closed up shop and ran any personal healing through the Infirmary again." They'd also taken an entire season to renovate and expand the house, including her own personal greenhouse on the property, so that neither of them had to give up their dreams and hobbies.

Turning the corner, the closed-up shop comes into view, though only Evie recognizes it on sight. "I've held onto it, but I really have no need of it. Here it is!" Dropping Alys' hand, she gestures at the storefront. It is mostly glass in the front for plants and tinctures to be put on display, but Alys could also use it to display her cards and signage. Finding the right key on her keyring, Evie opens the door and swings it wide, allowing Alys inside to poke around before following after her. Despite having been boarded up for some time, the plants and herbs that had been in the house for years upon years ensured it did not smell musty or abandoned. "The living quarters are upstairs, and it has a small greenhouse in the back too. Nothing fancy, of course," she admits, bashful, as if it isn't still a gift she intends to give to Alys entirely free of charge. If that hasn't become apparent already she'll certainly make it clear once she knows the Seer actually likes the place.
if this love does not call itself a wildfire
then I don't want it at all

Messages In This Thread
before i learned civility - by Alys - 10-21-2023, 05:22 AM
RE: before i learned civility - by Evie - 10-21-2023, 05:34 AM
RE: before i learned civility - by Alys - 10-21-2023, 05:43 AM
RE: before i learned civility - by Evie - 11-07-2023, 05:36 AM
RE: before i learned civility - by Alys - 11-07-2023, 02:56 PM
RE: before i learned civility - by Evie - 11-22-2023, 10:23 PM
RE: before i learned civility - by Alys - 11-28-2023, 02:12 AM
RE: before i learned civility - by Evie - 11-28-2023, 02:28 AM
RE: before i learned civility - by Alys - 11-28-2023, 02:38 AM