but I would die for you in secret
For Jude <3
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
And I feel like my castle's crumbling down
And I watch all my bridges burn to the ground
Her full name was like a slap in the face, and she recoiled as though he'd struck her. Her hands, which had been clenched into fists at her side to keep from reaching for him, moved to wrap around her middle, as though his words had torn through whatever semblance of fine she was and ripped her in two. She wished he had. It would probably hurt less.

This wasn't the Jude she knew. The Jude she knew was patient, and understanding, and kind. This Jude was angry - rightfully so, she would admit - and hateful and cruel. "What?" she spluttered as he accused her of not caring, of using him, of everything under the sun that screamed you aren't my friend and never were. "Of course I care, Jude. How could I not?" she started, but he wasn't finished.

Have you even talked to Koa?

Her mouth clicked shut for the second time. It was like he knew. He'd been here, hurting and alone, and Soh had been seeking solace with the one person that would hurt Jude the most.

And no, she hadn't asked about his interrogation.

"I - it's not like I can show favoritism, Jude!" she hurried to say. "I have to let the Dragoons do their job, just like with any other investigation." To her credit, that much was true. But it stung her to know that he thought so little of her - and, worse, that he was right. She hadn't thought to ask Koa about the interrogations, not in the midst of the ongoing political train wreck dragoon had inadvertently started. Of course, she hadn't talked to him about that either. But Jude didn't need to know that.

She tried a different angle. "I know you're angry with me, and I understand. I was a lousy girlfriend and a worse friend. I know that. But you can't think that I don't care." Her voice was pleading. He knew her better than anyone. If he thought that... She shook herself. "You have to know that I care," she whispered past the lump in her throat. "You're - you're my best friend -" But maybe he wasn't, not anymore. Maybe she'd destroyed that just like she'd destroyed him.
And you don't want to know me, I will just let you down
You don't wanna know me now
Sohalia

Messages In This Thread
but I would die for you in secret - by Sohalia - 11-30-2023, 08:12 AM
RE: but I would die for you in secret - by Jude - 11-30-2023, 08:20 AM
RE: but I would die for you in secret - by Jude - 11-30-2023, 09:17 AM
RE: but I would die for you in secret - by Jude - 12-02-2023, 03:55 AM
RE: but I would die for you in secret - by Noe - 12-02-2023, 05:07 AM
RE: but I would die for you in secret - by Sohalia - 12-02-2023, 05:20 AM
RE: but I would die for you in secret - by Jude - 12-03-2023, 06:37 AM
RE: but I would die for you in secret - by Noe - 12-03-2023, 07:30 AM