[SE] The sky is the limit
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
"It was a guild that formed in the Grounds before the fall of the barrier," Maea explained, nostalgia coloring her voice and softening it beyond the normally quiet timbre. "Much in the way of learning was forgotten or purposely hidden over the centuries, as we were never meant to leave. But when the Voice created her portals to let Outlanders cross over from other worlds, they began to look for information on where they were, and how to escape. One of them was Jigano the Sage; he founded the Loreseekers Guild and did much to uncover mysteries that us Natural born had long since given up on solving."
Following Tal down the winding path, Maea grew quiet for a bit, thinking back to the past and the man who had given her hope for the future. Out of all the things she regretted, the rift between herself and Jigano was among the hardest to bear. "He was a good man. A good friend. I don't know where he is now... but I hope he is well."

Recalling the Sage and his knack for solving riddles put a damper on her initial enthusiasm for the craft. Maea never had that kind of talent, and her attempt to revive the guild before the war didn't lead anywhere. To pick up what she had left off now seemed a hopeless endeavor; no matter how much she missed the past, it was dead and gone.

The question about the Starfall damage was honestly a welcome change in subject, as Maea realized she was dragging herself right back into the old gloom. "I do, though it's not like I'm in a hurry. We got off easy compared to Torchline or Halo. The Outer Islands got the worst of it; some bits of the meteor caused a few fires in the Inner Quarter but that's about it. Aside from the tainted critters." Vastly more adept at killing things than putting together comprehensive information, if she was needed at all back home it would be to deal with the voidlings, Maea thought derisively.

Noticing the way Tal hunched in on himself on the way down the stair, she was glad for her diminutive stature that made the building easy to traverse. Fortunately the Office wasn't far; Maea stood aside as they reached the door, and listened to the echo of the knock as it grew and traveled down to the watery levels below. A curious shimmer of reflected light made it seem as though the hallway was submerged; it was beautiful, and a comforting sight that eased the ache of her wounded spirit.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
[SE] The sky is the limit - by Maea - 02-02-2024, 09:14 PM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Talyson - 02-02-2024, 09:49 PM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Maea - 02-02-2024, 10:23 PM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Talyson - 02-03-2024, 04:32 AM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Maea - 02-03-2024, 05:24 AM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Talyson - 02-03-2024, 07:16 PM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Maea - 02-05-2024, 08:35 PM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Talyson - 02-07-2024, 05:22 PM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Maea - 02-07-2024, 08:02 PM
RE: [SE] The sky is the limit - by Talyson - 02-07-2024, 11:06 PM