Maea ---
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1847
I appreciate the offer. Am I terrible for accepting it right away, even though I never planned on reaching out to you? It feels selfish, though I suppose that's nothing new, coming from me.

Truth is, I feel terrible about a lot of things. The ghosts I was talking about have as much to do with my own actions as with all that's been lost here. I only escaped death by allying myself with the Voice, and only because I thought I could return to a man who had already discarded me when my needs did not match up with his. When I found that there was nothing waiting for me like I had believed, I did things I can never forgive myself for - things no one should ever forgive in anyone. And I can't mourn her end; even though she gave me life again, I never wanted her to win the war. I should have been content to let that be the end, and returned to Mort where I belong.

But instead of accepting death when it came for me a second time, I keep clinging to life, like I have any right to it. I swore myself to yet another Goddess I don't know, and I keep wondering whether my promises are worth anything at all since I keep breaking them.

You are a bit of a healer, right? Is there a remedy for self loathing? Any cure for this aimlessness, that leave me crestfallen for where to go next?

I am exactly where I was ten years ago; even with intent, I don't know what to do with this existence. I feel more Hollowed than the Grounds have ever been.

Selfishly, a friend only in need

Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Maea --- - by Evie - 02-21-2024, 11:00 PM
RE: Maea --- - by Maea - 02-22-2024, 12:17 PM
RE: Maea --- - by Evie - 02-25-2024, 12:39 AM
RE: Maea --- - by Maea - 02-25-2024, 04:09 PM
RE: Maea --- - by Evie - 03-08-2024, 02:15 AM
RE: Maea --- - by Maea - 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
RE: Maea --- - by Evie - 03-09-2024, 12:28 AM
RE: Maea --- - by Maea - 03-09-2024, 11:57 PM