There's still life in the Armageddon
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Absorbing the news about the repeated attempts to heal forced the albino woman to rephrase everything she had held for true in regards to Evie. It certainly did explain the rush of warmth she had always felt whenever they touched, which had stood at odds against the unease and growing resentment her attitude had bred within Maea. How could the touch of a person she was afraid of ever bring comfort?

Of course, magic lay at the center of that answer. How ironic - that what should have brought them together was what had driven them apart, yet kept building bridges and forging bonds that not even ten years and counting had managed to erase.

"I'm not scared of boredom either," she murmured absently, still thinking even as the mood gradually shifted between them, tension bleeding slowly from the air. "I'm more concerned that I'll be too jealous that you have what I don't. I miss my own gifts... it's hard to watch others do what I never can."

It was a subtle shift that took place in Maea, as her tension faded. No more fond of small talk than she had been before, the quality of her conversation took on a more familiar tone. More raw, more open - unceremoniously granting Evie the second chance she had asked for without even really announcing it for what it was.

"Did you know I helped found your academy, back when Zariah ran it? Her, me, Neron, Weaver - and Loren too. Actually, it was Loren who cured my illness. He was surprised that I had survived for as long as I did." Pulling her feet up beneath herself to sit cross-legged on the polished obsidian floor, Maea considered her old friend. "Even if you didn't manage to cure anything... nothing you did made it worse. Who knows, maybe you even kept me alive. I can't say."

It was a roundabout way of saying she appreciated the attempt. 'Thank you' did not come that easy still - baby steps.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
There's still life in the Armageddon - by Maea - 03-11-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: There's still life in the Armageddon - by Maea - 03-17-2024, 07:42 AM