[RQ] in the unsettled margins
Luka Lovi

Age: 21 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Luka
Let's draw a line between us, paint a map back to the start
Leaving footprints to remind us -
Though Luka has no intentions of leaving Halo - far from tempted by what little he has seen beyond her borders - Deimos' assurance brings about a half-smile of his own, strangely comforted by the sentiment. Perhaps because he has lost one snowy homeland already?

Maybe it softens him up enough to be more verbose or maybe it's feeling like he has an edge over Deimos for the first time ever, but Luka expounds. "You both have a sense of personal responsibility for Halo and her people. One that is greater than any one person can or should carry." Deimos is one of its Wardens yes, but Luka is quite levelheaded and at times overly logical, and he finds their shared level of personal responsibility egregious given how much remains out of their collective control. "You're also both very passionate, even if you show it differently." Soleil loudly and excitedly, Deimos with a certainty likely earned through age and trial. "And you disregard the opinions of people who don't matter. Not many people can do that; they're too insecure." And perhaps that's the parallel he sees most clearly - a certainty of self. Luka believes he has the same, but given he's happy to stay on the outskirts of society he hardly gets any chances to prove it to himself.

"I've had enough of schooling. I hunt for necessity and I am good at it," he shares freely, completely neutral instead of gloating or humble. "I have considered becoming a Shield, but the war proved to me that it's not a necessity. Halovians will fight regardless of rank, and our strongest people are not necessarily soldiers." People like his father, Hotaru, Noah. "I am often told I'm too blunt, so I am unsure if I would be good at it, but I do like the idea of providing some form of utility to our people. Unfortunately that could be anything; forging, magical items I can seek from the gods to bless others, construction..." he shrugs, turning his hazel eyes back to Deimos for further input as he prods at another hole above his head, gesturing to his Warden when it's clear he can't reach properly to fill it.
That where you go, I go
And if you fall, I fall

Messages In This Thread
[RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Deimos - 03-08-2024, 10:42 PM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Luka - 03-10-2024, 10:36 PM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Deimos - 03-10-2024, 11:08 PM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Luka - 03-18-2024, 04:37 AM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Deimos - 03-18-2024, 10:21 PM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Luka - 04-01-2024, 10:35 PM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Deimos - 04-01-2024, 10:56 PM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Luka - 04-14-2024, 07:43 AM
RE: [RQ] in the unsettled margins - by Deimos - 04-14-2024, 06:35 PM