You're all that I've been yearning for
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Evie
I dreamt in the sound of your voice

and bathed in the color of your love
Evie leans sideways into him to rest between pushing, but soon even that is taken from her as they become too close to offer real respite. His words linger in her ears, and though her lashes thicken and clump with errant tears, her eyes find his time and again to linger in the support he offers. Any words she might have reached for are negligible; her love is apparent in her gaze, and she doesn't have the breath to spare.

It isn't the longest delivery she's ever witnessed, though as her first it feels like an eternity before the doctor crows out, "They're crowning! Okay Evie, you're almost there!" In her exhaustion it feels patronizing, but she grits her teeth and her hand clamps around Deimos' as she gives everything she has, heart aching with the need to see their baby. She's not sure she'll ever remember the actual moments between, but as a newborn's squawling fills the room she comes back to herself with her head slumped forward in the cradle of her bracketed shoulders, knees shaking as she's guided by foreign hands onto her side and then her back.

Her eyes hunt restlessly until they find her baby in the doctor's hands, who is waiting only until their eyes meet to approach and lay the babe on her chest, pulling her gown out of the way for her. "Congratulations, it's a boy," she shares quietly beneath the slowing tide of the babe's wailing, and Evie takes up the torch in his stead as she turns her eyes to Deimos, hands cradling their infant protectively as her tears spill over in disbelief. "A boy. Our boy. We have a son," she utters in stilted half-measures, torn between staring at her husband and the new life they've brought into the world, scarcely capable of blinking.
And The most beautiful thought
Is the fact that I have always loved you

Messages In This Thread
You're all that I've been yearning for - by Evie - 05-01-2024, 10:54 PM
RE: You're all that I've been yearning for - by Evie - 05-02-2024, 12:04 AM