(SE) tell me you're scared, I'll tell you the same things
Hotaru <333
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
HOTARU

Drained all over in a way that healing waters cannot fix, Hotaru steps through the entryway of their room for the night and feels the weight of masks and social niceties fall away from her shoulders all at once. Keeping it together had been easier with Sunjata at her side, with his wings to shield them and their combined ostracization making it easy to sit away from the crowds, but she still feels hollowed out and raw. Tonight she knows she'll dream of the sand and ice on Seren's long limbs turning into Enzo's, or Melita's crumpled figure and still chest, or both. But right now things are okay. Nothing had been lost forever, and Sunjata is still at her side. It's all Hotaru could have hoped for.

It's also why her heart stutters when he utters those dreaded words, and she knows with how she'd just dropped everything away moments before that when she looks up at him there are no shields to hide the flicker of fear in her expression. His smile is what keeps her grounded and helps muffle the sudden clamor of uncertainty in her head. Trust him. He has given her every reason to trust in him all over again and it won't waver now. It has been a long day, it could just as easily be a need for decompression that he's hoping for.

"Of course. Always," she assures, because at least about this she can be certain. Sitting on the bed next to the bag he'd set down, Hotaru looks up at him, making it clear with her body language that she trusts him enough to be at an otherwise disadvantage physically during this conversation. Her smile is a little lopsided, imperfect only around him, as she laughs a touch nervously. "Though I'm sure you know those are the dreaded words, so..." Hotaru extends a hand, unable to ask for physical reassurance directly but needing it to keep herself from worrying.
Pull you in, but don't you get too close
Love you now, but not tomorrow
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) tell me you're scared, I'll tell you the same things - by Hotaru - 05-11-2024, 08:45 PM