[SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter
For Maea
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 560
I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see.
The words hit just as hard as she expected and Thal smiled against the pain. "Really? Because it seems to me like you want your reputation to be of a pale, weak pacifist who killed her family instead of the formidable, ambitious rebel you're hiding inside." Every word came from her honest opinion of the woman who tried to lessen herself at every turn despite the overwhelming evidence of her capabilities. If Maea would just open her eyes and see the truth!

Thal let the sharp barb at her family bounce off her skin like spiked sandpaper, striking deeper than anticipated, but she kept the grin on her face, determined to rile Maea up. "Wasn't that your job? Sounds to me like you're just looking for more excuses."

A deep sense of vicious pleasure filled Thal as she watched the shorter Ancient form a snowball in her hands, feeling the confrontation finally starting to show through, but the mention of her actions during the experiment caused her facade to faulter. "You're just jealous you weren't able to volunteer first." Her mind went back to the lonely feeling that consumed her all day, every day. The fact that her family was most likely dead or gone and she had no one in the present close enough to call a friend was just aggravated by every waking moment. Watching people laugh and embrace in the happy moments or mourn and remember lost loved ones had her aching for a lacking connection. She didn't delude herself by thinking she was some saint trying to help save the world. She was just too much of a coward to do the job herself. The fact that Maea seemed to think that Thal thought herself better just elicited a choking laugh. "I never pretended to be." Her sad smile that accompanied it was more depressing than snide, but she shoved the emotions away to clench her teeth in a sharp-fanged grin.

It was almost a refreshing shock when the snow hit her face. She didn't dodge or brace as the snow pelted across her cheeks, falling onto her chest. The chill cooled her head enough to let her form a ball of her own. "Is that all you got?" she asked, pretending to be unfazed by the snow and words alike. With the challenge thrown, she let loose the snowball in her hand, hoping to knock some sense into Maea's head.
because all this time the monster has been me.
THALASSA

Messages In This Thread
[SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Thalassa - 05-02-2024, 05:51 AM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Maea - 05-05-2024, 09:39 AM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Thalassa - 05-06-2024, 07:08 PM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Maea - 05-08-2024, 07:06 AM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Thalassa - 05-08-2024, 04:37 PM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Maea - 05-10-2024, 08:25 AM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Thalassa - 05-12-2024, 06:28 AM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Maea - 05-12-2024, 08:24 AM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Thalassa - 05-14-2024, 06:58 PM
RE: [SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter - by Maea - 05-16-2024, 05:15 PM