What have I done?
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Hotaru
I know that I should have told you that I would die
Just to hold you
His flinch is like a whiplash to the heart, and it's a painful relief that he falls into her embrace so readily afterward to soothe the hurt of it. She can't blame him for it. Not with the circumstances.

It's easier than expected to hold him up - hold him together - given their differences in stature, but such were the benefits of demigodhood. It's a relief to be able to shoulder him in this way and to wrap her arms around him to keep him together the way he'd done for her so often after Enzo's death.

One hand instinctually comes up to the back of his head, smoothing over his hair and shushing him gently as she might have one of her children. Despite the primordial feelings in her chest - largely attributed to her shifts - demanding blood and penance, she knows that Sah wouldn't have hurt Melita intentionally. He doesn't have the heart to try and kill anyone at this tournament. "It was an accident," she murmurs, "the same way I hurt Seren so badly without meaning to." In this they can share their horror, their grief. Just a few inches higher and she might have enforced the same fate upon the stargirl.

"Newly turned demigods are significantly weaker for a time. She might not have known - and you couldn't have." Demigods aren't exactly widespread, and they keep their weaknesses close to their chests until those vulnerabilities are better shielded with godly power. A vast oversight on all of their parts when coordinating this tournament, but a weakness she's willing to reveal to soothe the guilt she can feel pouring off of him in sickly waves.
And if I just had my shit together I could be with you
But I'm too high on paranoia
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
What have I done? - by Sah - 05-10-2024, 07:44 PM
RE: What have I done? - by Hotaru - 05-13-2024, 03:58 PM
RE: What have I done? - by Sah - 05-13-2024, 10:14 PM
RE: What have I done? - by Hotaru - 05-20-2024, 07:56 AM
RE: What have I done? - by Serendipity - 05-20-2024, 07:56 AM
RE: What have I done? - by Sah - 06-18-2024, 02:17 AM