{SE} Once lost, and now found
Mallory Willowbourne
Witch

Age: 30 | Height: 172 cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Nightcloak Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Mallory
~
~
She follows her out of the shop, with nothing else to do. And just leaving would have felt strange, I’m sure! Her new attire is a much-welcomed comfort against the chill. As they walk, she contemplates the captain’s question. It is- difficult. How could she condense her life into a few sentences, especially under the scrutinizing gaze of her rescuer. The first step was to go back, in memory and heart. Was she ready to do that?

Sitting across from Thalassa, she feels the weight of the captain’s expectant stare.

"Who am I?" She echoes Thalassa's question, her voice steady despite the turmoil within. She gently hugged herself while staring at nothing specifically, yet she saw everything. Snapping out of it, she caressed her cheek, until resting in her hand. “I’m a wild thing. Too much for some, too little for others,” she began, exhaling quite tiredly, memories flickering in her mind like shadows.

“I was born and raised in a forest alongside my-” she pauses, “mother.” Looking away, she tries her best to remain strong.

Taking a deep breath, she continues, “First I lost her and then my homeland. Pushed at sea, I was forced to improvise,”

“The last ship I was on... we got caught in a storm. I did everything I could, but..." Her voice trails off, the pain of loss evident in her eyes. She straightens up, a spark of determination flashing across her face. "I survived. That's what matters."

She glances at the steaming bowl of noodles, the aroma making her stomach growl. But she doesn't reach for it yet. Instead, she meets Thalassa's gaze head-on. "I don't know what you want from me, but I promise I'll work hard to repay your kindness. I'm good with maps, I can mend sails, and I know my way around mending a few wounds. If you don’t mind a more- unusual approach to medicine that is." She smiles with a tease.

~
~

Messages In This Thread
{SE} Once lost, and now found - by Mallory - 05-08-2024, 08:12 AM
RE: Once lost, and now found - by Thalassa - 05-08-2024, 04:18 PM
RE: Once lost, and now found - by Mallory - 05-08-2024, 07:27 PM
RE: Once lost, and now found - by Thalassa - 05-09-2024, 12:39 AM
RE: {SE} Once lost, and now found - by Mallory - 05-09-2024, 03:57 AM
RE: {SE} Once lost, and now found - by Thalassa - 05-09-2024, 05:37 AM
RE: {SE} Once lost, and now found - by Mallory - 05-09-2024, 05:38 PM
RE: {SE} Once lost, and now found - by Thalassa - 05-10-2024, 02:23 AM
RE: {SE} Once lost, and now found - by Mallory - 05-12-2024, 06:27 PM