[SE] There is light in the darkness
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 12 - Strg: 53 - Dext: 55 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 55 - Int: 2
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 3825
Tal's spirits lifted a little at the outside affirmation. It was one he didn't often hear outside of a couple of people who were admittedly very biased, so having it come from someone like Zavien - someone who was becoming a friend, but who didn't have any reason to not be honest with Tal, or delicate with his feelings - made it hit a lot harder. The courier cleared his throat awkwardly, giving a nod of heartfelt appreciation.

The hint of a grin that was breaking through his scowl was, unfortunately, dimmed by talk of his troubles and his missing friend. He raised his eyes to meet Zavien's squarely as the other man talked about Stormbreak's Heart, and the naked worry and desperate concern in Tal's pale gaze was easy to read.

"Nothin' yet," the courier admitted reluctantly. In future days when he would have a chance to speak to Koa that would change, but in this moment he remained wretchedly ignorant. "An' no one's heard anythin' from her since. Not her oldest friends or her closest ones or th'folks she worked with in Stormbreak." He shook his head, frown pulling his dark brows back together. "I checked with her neighbors, too. She just... didn't come home one day. An' then all o' a sudden right afterwards Dahlia took control." With hardly a whimper to show for it, from what he'd heard.

Not that he blamed anyone in Stormbreak. Remi had made the woman sound terrifying. Tal couldn't imagine anyone who valued their life standing up to her.

"All I can do for now is keep lookin' an' askin' around," he decided with a heavy sigh. Then he grimaced and reached up to rub the back of his neck again. "Sorry, here I am goin' off... what about you? Anythin' I can help y'with?" It had sounded like Zavien had things pretty well in hand when Tal had asked earlier, but he figured it didn't hurt to check again, just in case. He wasn't always the best at picking up social cues. That was usually what Boreal was for.

Messages In This Thread
[SE] There is light in the darkness - by Talyson - 05-05-2024, 09:12 PM
RE: [SE] There is light in the darkness - by Talyson - 05-27-2024, 06:34 AM