[RQ] In the beginning there was darkness
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1847
Maea
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb
"No," she huffed, with a bitter smile without a trace of amusement. "I've never been who or what I wish to be. And I'll never be, either. At this point 'good enough' will only mean settling for the second best option."
Slowly hunching back down as she listened to the answers the woman offered, Maea found that they didn't offer much comfort. Even when the logic made sense, as in the case of blood and sex in relation to chaos, it only made her spirits sink. Scratching at her hand where drying blood was beginning to peel off, and at her chin, she shifted restlessly and wished for a bath. A long one, in clean, cool water.

"I've thought this before, but... I don't think I'll ever be a very good ancient. So far, hunting is the only part of everything you've mentioned here that I can actually accept. And even that is... something I wish I didn't have to do." Scritching absently at her scalp, her gaze went to the blood in the urn, and the burning logs that kept them from freezing in the cold night. "I'll... feel the blood, since it's already been spilled. But I won't stay for the rest. If that's okay."

And if it wasn't, that was too bad. Maea supppsed there would inevitably be some people whom she didn't align with. So far the priestess had been kind and patient - but she wasn't sure it would be enough to make up for the way it felt to always be saying no. And if this was her normal... there would be a lot of no's.
And I remember thinking — I want to be like them
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RQ] In the beginning there was darkness - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 03:26 PM