not a good night to lose control
Danta <3
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1847
Maea
And it feels like fear
Like I'll disappear
She drew breath to respond, but was interrupted before she could say anything. Maea's spine grew rigid and that her own temper was flaring in response to his words grew apparent in the bright spots on her cheeks. Making sure that he really had finished speaking this time, she made a concerted effort to calm down before opening her mouth again.

"I did not plan either the ball or the meeting so that it could be interrupted by the very person it was meant to rally the regions against," she said in a low tone, just to make that abundantly clear. "Was I really supposed to just say 'yes, come on in' even though she really wasn't invited? Would that not make us look like complete doormats to be stepped over as best she pleases?" It took effort to keep her voice in check - but she managed. Because it really wasn't Dantalion who made her angry, it was the woman who had been able to cow her with nary a glance and a question.

"I am sorry for leaving. The moment I did I wish I hadn't, and Hadama can tell you that I was on my way back before we'd even reached the door. The only reason I did so was because I thought my continued presence would make everything worse. If you had said something I would have listened to you. But you didn't say anything, and I took that to mean that you agreed with what I did. Both when I spoke up, and when I removed myself from the room."

The only concession to her tight rein on her own composure was a hasty swipe of fingers through the long hair, scraping the scalp with her nails as if to physically remind herself to keep her head cool.

"You are the leader here, and my leader that I chose to follow, I don't question that. I never have. But I'm not a mind reader, so if you need me to do something a certain way then I need to hear it spoken out loud. If you prefer that I fold right away the next time, I can do that. I'll hate it to the core of my being, but I will."
Gets so hard to steer
Yet I go on
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:06 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:30 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:59 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 09:35 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 10:51 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 06-01-2024, 10:58 AM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 06-01-2024, 12:30 PM