not a good night to lose control
Danta <3
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1847
Maea
And it feels like fear
Like I'll disappear
"Maybe so. But we don't have to act like we are."

She almost relaxed, almost read the easing in his posture as a sign that she'd come off the hook. But no, as usual - because it wasn't the first time - she said the right things just to keep going and blow the whole thing up all over again. It was her own frustration that had the fires of the room dancing this time, and her strained attempt at reining herself in that had the crackling flames settle down once more. For some reason, the hardest thing to swallow during this whole exchange was being told to keep herself out of danger. Him, sure. Everyone else at the meeting, absolutely. But her? That one brought on a deep scowl as she looked away.

"I never said it was your fault," she responded, unable to let it lie, "I didn't even think it. It's just growing very clear to me that we think differently. And prioritize differently. And since I fucked up so royally that you almost had me dragged here by my hair, clearly we need to talk more. Because I need it, not you."
Her shoulders came down, the anger petering out in favor of a general upset that didn't have much direction. "I'll try, though. To not do it again. If it's any consolation, the rest of you looked very reasonable in comparison to one lowly diplomat who is clearly bad at her job."
Gets so hard to steer
Yet I go on
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:06 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:30 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:59 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 09:35 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 10:51 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 06-01-2024, 10:58 AM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 06-01-2024, 12:30 PM