The compass that beats in my chest
for Mort!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 28 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 12 - Strg: 53 - Dext: 55 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 55 - Int: 2
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 3825
There was a big difference between being heard and being answered, and as the light changed and the forest replaced the sand and waves Tal had a brief moment of panic over whether his offerings were good enough for a god that watched over all the souls in the world that had ever been.

But Boreal crooned happily as that god smiled at the pair and approached and the courier looked up into that warmth and love and his fear melted away in the light of him. He pushed himself to his feet - a little unsteadily, true, but while he was awed by Mort's presence there was nothing in the bright, ancient youth to give him reason to fear. "I... thanks, sir," he mumbled shyly, relief and gratitude shining in his pale eyes. Even if the offerings had been freely made he was still glad to get to keep them in the family. "It... it means a lot t'me that y'came. With all the... the people who've died this year." He tried to gesture towards the distant violet island, but he'd lost its bearing amidst the young forest and he ended up waving vaguely and then clearing his throat awkwardly.

It was actually really nice to not have any purple cracks marring the sky here. Wherever 'here' was.

"I... would it be alright if I asked if y'know if... if someone in particular has gone t'your Halls in the past few seasons?" His hands clasped in front of him, fingers twisting together nervously as he tried to decide whether he really wanted to hear the answer. As long as he didn't know for sure, there was hope...

Messages In This Thread
The compass that beats in my chest - by Talyson - 05-20-2024, 03:34 PM
RE: The compass that beats in my chest - by Mort - 05-30-2024, 02:02 PM
RE: The compass that beats in my chest - by Talyson - 06-01-2024, 04:46 AM
RE: The compass that beats in my chest - by Mort - 06-01-2024, 10:28 AM
RE: The compass that beats in my chest - by Mort - 06-03-2024, 03:13 PM