not a good night to lose control
Danta <3
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1847
Maea
And it feels like fear
Like I'll disappear
So that's how quickly it went downhill, huh. That's what she got for keeping her chin up and standing up for something. She couldn't even pretend that she hadn't seen it coming, because this confirmed every doubt and second guessing she'd tried to suppress over the past year. Feeling a cold settle into her gut, she huffed a bitter laugh and shook her head. "No, I'm not going to do your job for you anymore. You said you wanted this place, so you go ahead and keep it. I hope you enjoy the comfortable cage it will be turned into."

Though he was a good deal taller than her, it didn't make her balk when he straightened up and the lights dimmed. Meeting his glower head on, all she could do was shrug against the flaring pain his dismissal caused her. Maea was too angry still to acknowledge it, and far too fed up with the passive attitude to regret losing her position. "Imagine what a difference it makes to have a toddler and some friends at my back that could pay for what I say. It's almost like I thought of someone other than myself." Turning to leave, she paused with her hand on the door. "I really do hope I'm wrong, you know. But very few things disappear just because you refuse to look at them. If you don't want to fight this invasion, that's up to you. Just don't expect anyone else to stand up for anything if silence and a dismissal is all you're going to offer in return."

She didn't slam the door when she left. She simply closed it behind herself as quietly as when she'd entered. No one stopped her on her way out - probably for the better. Never before had she started a barfight, and never had she longed for a reason to hit someone as much as she did now.
Leaving the Last Whisper, she steered her path for home, to pack a bag and make herself scarce. Better leave while she still had a chance - who knew how long the Wilds could even be traveled if nothing changed very soon.

{Fin}
Gets so hard to steer
Yet I go on
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:06 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:30 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 08:59 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 09:35 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 05-31-2024, 10:51 PM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 06-01-2024, 10:58 AM
RE: not a good night to lose control - by Maea - 06-01-2024, 12:30 PM