[RQ] In the beginning there was darkness
Priestess

Age: 26 | Height: 4'11 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: — - Strg: — - Dext: — - Endr: — - Luck: — - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
when I walk in a room, I can still make the whole place shimmer
Softly, Charlie smiled and gave her head the tiniest shake in the wake of Maea's clear frustration. "I meant why haven't you ever been who you want to be, and why you never will." The priestess clarifies gently, not that she minds at all hearing her silvery counterparts take on chaos.

"Has holding on tightly worked out better for you?" The blonde wonders. "Has control faired you any better?" Charlie didn't quite think it had, given all that she'd seen and heard so far. "As for celebrating it...all that we are is chaos, really. It's the way of the world. You can try and predict things, try and plan for them, but things are never always going to go quite the way you think. So you can either fight it and be unhappy about it, or just...accept it. I find that once you accept that most things are out of your control, you're happier for it, and a happier life is usually a better one."

Instead of belabouring the point, Charlie only nodded as Maea reiterated her dislike; such was her right, to dislike things, and though the priestess still thought that there were other factors to consider, this didn't strike her as the right time to keep poking deeper into that particular wound.

"That too is part of the chaos of it all. Sometimes life is unfair when we don't deserve it, and sometimes we are lucky when we don't deserve it." Charlie agrees. "It sounds as though your instincts are at war with your head more often than not." But then of course, Charlie had no idea what or who the Voice was, or what sort of creatures she'd made her ancients into.
Hella golden retriever energy. Small unrefined horns made of ruby. Regular spade-shaped tail.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RQ] In the beginning there was darkness - by Charlie - 06-01-2024, 02:18 PM