[RQ] In the beginning there was darkness
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1847
Maea
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb
It was a slip of the tongue, really. She hadn't meant to bring that part of her life up. The woman's reaction was so different from the usual solemn apologies however that a surprised laugh escaped Maea. She actually smiled, if a bit ruefully. "I hate to disappoint you, but it's incredible how pedestrian it has become. People walk in and out of Mort's Halls like they own them these days." It was an exaggeration of course, but felt better than to just bat away the uniqueness of the experience. Awful as it had been in many ways, and much as she was damaged by it... at least she had learned a few things that the majority wouldn't until it was too late.

Blinking and sitting upright when the priestess altered the plans, Maea slowly extended her arm. Fire she didn't mind. Far from it; she loved magic, and didn't hesitate to cover her arm with borrowed light. It took a delicate touch not to singe her sleeves, but that was part of the fun. As for the vow - because this had the distinct feel of a vow - Maea considered it for a moment. Whether it was something she could stick with.

"I'm going to do the things I want to do," she repeated, voice steady despite a slight squirming and habitual 'but what if's' that crowded her mind. "And if I do something I don't want to do, it's because I choose to."

Was it said with conviction? Not really. But the words in themselves felt powerful, enough to draw a sheepish, and slightly giddy smile to her lips.
And I remember thinking — I want to be like them
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RQ] In the beginning there was darkness - by Maea - 06-01-2024, 03:21 PM