(SE) tell me you're scared, I'll tell you the same things
Hotaru <333
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
HOTARU

Her free hand comes to cup the back of his neck, thumb gently tracing the line of his carotid and the pulse she can feel below the skin. "Acting on too little information is always risky. Right now we're safe - we have time to see if anything changes." And though she won't speak it, afraid it might invite some loophole to cinch around their necks, Hotaru prays that his immortality would be enough to protect him even if this infection does take a turn for the worst. If only she knew they are so in sync in that moment, but his soft, accented voice is like warm wool around every sense and anxiety - cocooning her and muffling the overwhelm of the world beyond.

As he removes his shoes, Hotaru slides herself backward further into the bed, one hand still cradling his heart against her chest as she makes room for him to lay down beside her. It has been a trying day and all she wants is to entangle her body with his and reclaim that piece of stability she always feels when she's alone with him. "I'll keep a journal and keep it at home. That way we can both add to it and have access to it at any time - just in case." Just in case something happens to her, and he doesn't notice the changes in himself, or he changes faster than she can intervene and it will be the only record of warnings for other infected individuals.

But with his heart quite literally beating next to hers, Hotaru finds she doesn't want to linger on this anymore. Frey's hands hover protectively over the both of them, and Hotaru is no stranger to standing in silent, unknown opposition to her fellows. They will keep this to themselves. They will figure this out together. The way they've always been strongest. And frankly Ru will largely only concern herself with how this impacts Sunjata; the infection at large has more than enough valiant heroes already actively battling it. Hotaru is not that selfless. "Let's leave it at that for now. I want to just be us for a while." Not demigods, or conscripted champions, or void secret-keepers. Just Hotaru and Sunjata.
Pull you in, but don't you get too close
Love you now, but not tomorrow
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) tell me you're scared, I'll tell you the same things - by Hotaru - 06-15-2024, 04:31 AM