Training [OPEN] Polishing the Family Silver
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 3590
‘Jogging’ wasn’t something Jigano had ever engaged in for recreation. It was the sort of thing one did while being chased, or racing a countdown. There were, however, tales of some mythical creatures that did so for fun… or, at least, a certain value of that word. He couldn’t help but arch a pale brow at her reasoning, but more in surprise than disbelief. ”Do you jog by here often?” She might very well; he was new enough that he was still exploring and had yet to determine any patterns to the places he’d found.

He relaxed further when the black sword was sheathed, lowering his own blade slowly so it no longer crossed between them. She seemed genuinely disappointed that he hadn’t immediately accepted her… observation - not quite demand, but neither so courteous as an offer – for a sparring partner. ”I’m also not used to being approached by strange women in the forest looking to start a fight,” he pointed out wryly, allowing himself a little humor now that the immediate threat of a bladed lunge was past – or at least, delayed. ”So I hope you can forgive my caution, Ashe.” True, she was petite… but the most talented and cold-blooded killer he had ever known – and spent over a year traveling with - had been shorter than this woman, and that one had moved with similar silence over every terrain. No, of all people Jigano was the last one to underestimate someone based on height or appearance. Especially in a world where he was still learning the rules.

But a decision had to be made, and soon. To accept her presence and try to figure out who and what she was… or to ask her to move along, and retreat himself.

Damn, but his curiosity was going to get him killed sooner rather than later.

”Sticks… might do for training,” he agreed cautiously, sheathing the rapier at last, though his stance remained tense and wary. ”And would save the wear and tear on our blades.” And the chance that her heavier sword might damage or break his lighter one, if her skill with it matched her silent movement. ”I think I saw one that will work for me over there, in fact.” He nodded to the side, from the direction he’d approached the little clearing, though he waited to start moving until he saw what direction she would go. ”Is this something you do often, then?”

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN] Polishing the Family Silver - by Jigano - 12-27-2018, 10:06 PM
RE: [OPEN] Polishing the Family Silver - by Jigano - 12-29-2018, 06:35 PM