sadness has taken over your eyes
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i'm tired of the weight of mortality, i want to tear it from my veins
until i bleed silver and gold
In this moment, when she can see absolutely nothing at all, she appreciates the closeness he gives. The safety that exudes from remaining in his arms as she turns just enough to face him, to let him stroke her spine, the comfort that lingers by not having to worry about the monsters of LongNight or the uncertainties of being left behind in a fire (she knows she wouldn’t have been, if it had not been Jigano then it would have been Deimos or anyone else that was there).

Somehow, she realizes how important she is to people, and she’s not entirely certain why she is.

His comment does give her pause though, and despite her inability to do much, she leans into the touch along her jaw and her face, a half smile full of exhaustion crosses her face. “I will always find my way back to you, love.” She would, too. She’d do anything for him. She’d make bribes or barters, fight whatever it took to get back here with him. Whatever it took.

But he asks to see her eyes, and the smile falters. There’s nothing left, just… Dark hollow shadows where eyes used to be, and it’s garish and horrific, and if it hadn’t been for Bastien’s idea of her Ascension, she’s not sure she would have lived through it or the pain. And she nods, slowly, lifting her hands to hook a useless thumb beneath the bandana, and with the help of Bastien should he wish to, she shakily takes it off. "It's... Bad." She warns at first, tilting her head up toward him.

And she feels far more self-conscious than she’s ever been. She could be nude, standing in the middle of the Temple for everyone to see, and still not feel nearly as bare as she does now.
maybe one day they'll chant our names
and name galaxies after us, and we too shall be eternal
REXANNA

Messages In This Thread
sadness has taken over your eyes - by Rexanna - 10-29-2019, 06:49 AM
RE: sadness has taken over your eyes - by Bastien - 10-29-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: sadness has taken over your eyes - by Rexanna - 10-29-2019, 07:17 PM
RE: sadness has taken over your eyes - by Bastien - 10-29-2019, 11:18 PM
RE: sadness has taken over your eyes - by Rexanna - 10-30-2019, 05:16 AM
RE: sadness has taken over your eyes - by Bastien - 10-30-2019, 12:27 PM
RE: sadness has taken over your eyes - by Rexanna - 10-31-2019, 07:49 PM
RE: sadness has taken over your eyes - by Bastien - 10-31-2019, 08:30 PM