I was going, Mother, to pick roses, to find death
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1197
MaeA
She had been prepared for counter arguments, but it seemed Jigano had far more of them than she'd anticipated. Frowning as he added point to point that spoke against this request of hers, she almost missed the permission he gave in the midst of it all. It was made perfectly clear that he did not approve of it, that he did not like it one bit... but Maea could have hugged him right there for that small admission that it was her choice to go forth with the plan or not. The wide smile she flashed at him expressed it instead, and for the first time she reached for the treats on her plate, finally able to stomach it as she set out to respond to his concerns.

And to defend Sunjata, because it seemed to her that most of the Provost's issues lay with the Advocate's presence. Which rankled a bit, as she'd brought him along to be a support against Jigano.

"As you said, none of this is openly available. Loren has gone to Halo, and has made no such public offers of tutoring. Nor has Deimos. If one did not know to come seeking those things, why should they not go to Zariah instead? Gathering up this knowledge seems of little use to me if it sits here, known only to the ones who already are aware of it." It was a gentle rebuke, but one none the less. Why were the other Loreseekers not made aware of these things? Were they not supposed to share information with each other? If it was every person for themselves, then what was the point of maintaining a Guild at all?

"I should also like to make it clear that I have no intention of becoming an ally of Zariah. I want to learn what she has to teach and keep an eye on what she does, not become her friend and braid her hair. Do you trust me on that, Jigano?" She leaned in, eyes seeking his cold blue gaze with something akin to steel in her own. Unusual, but also went to show just how serious she was. Had she not made her loyalty to the Guild plain already, she was perfectly willing to prove it to him here, now, however he chose to test it.

"Don't blame Sunjata for this. It was my idea, I was the one who offered to help him. I asked him to come today because thought you wouldn't agree if I did not have more than my own reasons for going." Perhaps she had underestimated Jigano's willingness to listen, respect her wishes... and for that she would apologize later, when they were alone. But she did not like his implication that Sunjata was using her, when it was rather the other way around.

"We are all loreseekers in a way, are we not? Does the manner in which we obtain information truly matter? What would you use any of the knowledge hoarded here for, really? What truth are you seeking to impart on the word? Yours? Someone elses? What is even truth, Jigano?"

Her smile was gentle even though the questions were not - knowing that she was poking at the very center of the purpose to this organization, searching his intentions, quesitoning the reasoning to see if he was letting his vendetta against Zariah was conflicting with it - but it was not at all done with bad intentions. As always, Maea just wanted to know what he was thinking.
you're so cold, but you feel alive.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was going, Mother, to pick roses, to find death - by Maea - 01-27-2020, 10:47 PM