the coldest blood runs through my veins
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1847
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
It seemed her new brother wanted her dead. The girl feigned losing her balance and swiveled her arms around for a while, then straightened up and poked her tongue out at him.

Making sure that Amun really did follow her instructions, she waited until he was far away before she took a deep breath. Just to be safe, she made her way down from the elevated height and back onto the ice below, while steeling herself as best she could. She had never let go like this before. Not intentionally, not entirely.

But she'd said to try, so... here goes. She dropped her barriers. All of them. All at once.

It was an eruption. Not unlike a volcano bursting up through the earth from its molten core, the ice exploded up from all around the slender young woman. She did not try to control it, or steer it, just unleash it, and as such it acted entirely on its own. Jagged spikes burst out from all around her, melted and reformed, taking on new shapes and building, building like a cocoon of frozen water around her. It was cold, then suddenly hot as the temperature of the liquids fluctuated with her emotions, almost boiling a hole into the sea below, then rapidly froze again.

For a few minutes, the air was filled with the hissing, spitting, yowling creak of moving ice... and then it grew quite still.

Sitting in the center of it all, at the core of a broken fortress spanning all the distance she'd warned Amun to keep, was Maea. Like some elemental chick in a nest of ice. She gasped for air, so spent that her body was trembling. A trickle of blood painted a red line from her nose to her lips, and her eyes looked a bit glazed.

She couldn't quite remember what had brought her too her knees. Was just glad that it was over.
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
the coldest blood runs through my veins - by Maea - 01-28-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: the coldest blood runs through my veins - by Maea - 01-30-2020, 10:00 PM